Wednesday 23 January 2019

Minor Project: Updating Stevie Model

 Today I took my models into uni with me and got some advice on how to make them better focusing particularly on my Stevie model. First geometry was taken out of the tail to help it be less blocky, and I also went in and slightly adjusted multiple points within the ridges to make them less uniform and more natural. I also tapered the tail better than it previously had been. 



Next the eyelid detail was joined to the main model, which involved shifting and adding some geometry around. 


This is the finished joined eye, which I am very happy with as it does look a lot better. Geometry was also added for a simple mouth, I hadnt planned on originally adding geometry for a mouth as this character doesnt actually need to open or close their mouth, and was just going to add it in texturing, but I do think it looks better this way. Geometry was also shifted around the back of head/shoulder area to again make it look more natural and less blocky. 


The improved geometry, with extra loops around the arms, head, mouth and nose, to look more natural, and less around the tail. 



I also then went back into the model again once home and added more to the mouth, leopard geckos are smiley, that's their thing, so I thought I may as well make it accurate. I extended the extra geometry further back, and played around with adjusting points until I ended up with the final outcome I was happy with. Below is a head on comparison between the original mouth (right) and my more "smiley" tweaking.




Final geometry of Stevie model. 


No comments:

Post a Comment