Tuesday 1 January 2019

2019: Pips Pets Post #1- New Year & New Friends

2018 was a big year for me, a lot happened and I feel I grew a lot as a person.

I want to become much more active and consistent on blogger, I know taking time away gets me out of the rhythm so to challenge myself I want to post every other day showcasing a different animal and a little about them, this will bring me back to blogger consistently, as well as highlighting my passion, plus I feel help keep me consistent in blogging my work process too. 

To start the year off, I have two new animals! In December a friend from school reached out to me, her brother needed to re-home 2 reptiles as he will shortly be moving to Norway, and long story short, new years day I drove over and picked up a high red amelanistic corn snake, keeping the name of Ragnar, and a hypo leopard gecko, renamed to Bobby. Welcome to the zoo crew friends! 




Ragnar is 9 and a little overweight, so will be getting plenty of exercise once hes had his settling in period, as well as having his feeds spaced out. 



 

 Bobby is 7 and has had a tough life, shes very small and has a stunted tail, either a birth/growth  defect or she has dropped her tail at some point in the past and it never properly regrew. She also has lost portions of a lot of her toes, this happens when husbandry isnt correct and the gecko is unable to shed properly, leading to a build up of skin around certain areas, most commonly eyecaps, tail and toe tips, which in time if left untreated will lead to cutting off of blood supply and eventually losing toes etc. She only has one claw left in total, and as such has difficulty gripping and climbing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment