Wednesday 9 January 2019

Minor Project: Georgie Tokay Gecko - Modelling #3

Next step was to tackle the head, as I needed to add the eyeball and wanted some further definition around this too, as tokays do have protruding eyes. However I just kept adding edge loops and adjusting points and it wasnt looking right, I ended up adding another element too for the actual eyelid, but this just ended up stressing me more, as  realised I was trying to get way too much detail into my model, and I hit a it of a slump. 





The model style I was initially aiming for in my project planning was a lot more basic than this, with detail added in through texture. The premise is these models are for a laid back app game, nothing super fancy needed or even wanted. Why am I focusing on getting eyelid details right when that's not what I'm aiming for. I took a look back at some of the inspiration for my style and I need to readjust my model. I have got different stages of the model saved so this should be okay. I don't want my models quite as blocky or simplistic as these, but definitely a good medium between them and what I currently have, so I need to dial back the polygons and not feel it needs to be so exact.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment