Wednesday 23 January 2019

Minor Project: Room Modelling #9 - Lighting & Texturing Advice

I also spoke to Alan regarding lighting and texturing my scene, specifically asking about the glass that will feature so heavily in the scene. Had a look at a few different types of lighting and which would be most useful in my setting, a sky dome being key with directional lights to create the needed shadows and possibly a few point-lights within vivariums just to ensure everything can be seen. I have a lot of notes about an array of questions I had re:texturing, including alpha channels and how to properly bring in and set up images to work that way, as my leaves within the vivariums are being created this way. I now feel a lot more confident going forward. Below are some screen grabs from explorations into a few things earlier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment