Thursday 28 April 2016

@simon @alan @jordan PLEASE HELP - Maya STILL not working

I had maya isues at the weekend and ended up uninstalling everything as it was the last option available, Ive been doing maya work at uni all week and Ive got a few more bits to finish off tonight, I literally just completely reinstalled maya from the autodesk website and its STILL not working, I have literally no idea why and have no clue what to do now.
I cant finish my animation if I can get it working again. 

The output window says this

Actual maya window is stuck like this, the loading bar doesnt budge and if I put my cursor over it its jsut a loading circle, I cant click it or anything 

7 comments:

  1. Would your animation work on an older vesion of Maya, maybe 2015?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know how I would get 2015, my autodesk account only shows 2016 available to download, also dont know if anything would change(?)and I have learnt on 2016 so I would probably get confused/lost with 15 as apparently there were quite a few changes

      Delete
    2. Hmm, are there any preferences or folders of 2016 left on your PC, if there are it might be because of them.

      Delete
  2. UPDATE: found an update, currently installing, hopefully this makes it work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive installed the update 3 times over now, its done nothing, and the update is still on the Autodesk update page as if I havent installed it

      Delete
  3. Oh Pip :((( I wish i could wave a magic wand and help you! you've done all the right things, and i'm sure you've googled what to do as well? Maybe look on youtube is people have similar problems? hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update again: Yup Ive googled a *lot* and cant find answers, Ive emailed Phil about it all too and at this point I dont know what else to do, Ive installed updates wherever I can find them, restarted countless times, uninstalled and reinstalled AGAIN and still nothing. For now Im going to try and sort my Art Of so I can upload that, and Ive got the start of my Animation made in Permiere, with the voiceover and an initial playblast test for about half of the first animation that I also put in there earlier today for quality, sizing, timing etc tests, so I'll upload that too, but its of course nowhere near the final animation and I wont be presenting tomorrow, but it'll show where I wanted to go with it at least I hope.

    ReplyDelete