Monday 4 April 2016

Life Drawing - 4/4/16

I was pretty hesitant today in life drawing after being away from it for so long, but I think things actually turned out alright today. I stuck to using my more familiar charcoal and chalk/pastel combo to help get me back into things. 
First pose was approx 20 minutes, and I had a breakthrough! FINALLY the head wasn't way too small for the rest of the body.


Next exercise was a set of ten five minute poses, and we were instructed to focus on the composition as a whole and the use of space, and have the poses "flow" and interlink instead of having them all lined up uniformly on a page. I limited my colour palette and tried my best to make them all work together. Some I focused on a smaller area of the body, and others I just sketched as much was needed to fill the space available. 


1 comment: