Thursday 23 May 2019

Major Project: Gecko Vivariums Branch Texture Choices

Once I had started applying more textures to other small vivarium items around the room, I started to second guess myself on the branch textures, worrying they were too "realistic" vs the more hand drawn style of other textures, in particular the plants. I went back to my branch texture map and created alternative texture, playing around with where to add the wood lines, similar to some of the logs and sticks in other vivariums, and checking back and forth. 



However, once they were in the vivarium I again ended up thinking the overlaid bark textured branches just looked more effective in comparison, as the others just looked too smooth and almost plasticine-y. I think the bark textured are the better choice, as although my plants are hand drawn they are still rather "detailed" and also the rest of my wood textures - for the vivariums, wardrobes, bookcase, floor etc are based off their real life textures, so I feel it helps the draw the different styles together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment