Thursday 23 May 2019

Major Project: Character Texturing - Georgie

I began texturing by getting the base colours mapped out, and trying to find an appropriate orange. 


I used these images of Georgie as my references. 


The lighting in the other two isn't great as Tokays are nocturnal geckos so most the images I have of him were taken with flash at night or under warm room lighting at night. The image below is a rare daytime photo of him that is much more true to colour, if a little light. 


I used this comparison shot I have of when I took him in vs a few months in my care to plan out his banding on the tail, white dots and head-stamp pattern. 


Process


At this point I then stopped and began experimenting with creating his bump map. Its based off his dot textures as this is where his more prominent bumps are, but I went in and made some smaller/un-clumped larger markings especially around the head to turn into dots rather than blotches.


 Trialling out with bump/diffuse maps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment