For this project I'm feeling quite a 'cute but creepy' vibe, as in, a story meant for kids but can also be enjoyed by those older, through the artistic style and plot twist macabre ending.
I am drawing influences from a number of places that I feel have a particular art style and also score that would work well for my story.
- (film) Coraline
- (film) The Boxtrolls
- (game) Dont Starve
- (game) Little Inferno
- The stories and illustrations of Tim Burton, with particular focus on The Meloncholy Death of Oyster Boy
- Quentin Blake illustrations
- Chris Riddell illustrations
- David Firth (Fat Pie) animations
- (TV show) Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids
I'm feeling this animation should be quite stylised, and really like the effect created with 3D stop motion animation in The Boxtrolls and Coraline, and the games Dont Starve and Little Inferno both have this almost disjointed effect to their characters, with the artwork often appearing to be made from pieces of paper/cardboard.