Tuesday 2 February 2016

Life Drawing - Working with colour

This session we were prompted to try and always work with colour in our pieces, and I started off using pro markers, as they are something I'm not too comfortable using. 


Again we had the heat lamp so I tried out using different colours to represent the different tones. All approx 10 mins long poses. 


Then for the next (longer ~ approx 20 mins) pose I tried to be more bold and block out colours/areas. But I really wasn't happy with how things were turning out - got pretty frustrated with it. 



So for the final pose of the day I went back to my trusted charcoal and chalk on black combo and I'm pretty pleased with the result. I quite like how some areas are unfinished, I felt as though I was channelling a little Colin Chillag (slightly). 


No comments:

Post a Comment