Monday 7 December 2015

What if? Metropolis - Maya Modelling - Buildings 3 and 4

Finally finished modeling my buildings! These two were by far the hardest, especially the one on the left, but I'm quite pleased with how they've both turned out. Now is just positioning all the elements into the scene, and then the question of how I'm going to UV/texture them. I've had a few suggestions from people, but to be honest I don't really know what I'm going to do, maybe I can use Mudbox. I'll have to experiment with that tonight/tomorrow morning. Also I've only modeled what I actually needed for the scene, as I was not at all prepared to spend hours adding the lumps and coral growths to the back when it wouldn't even be seen.
At least though I don't have complicated patterns, I just need a decent light "coral" texture that I can apply all over the buildings, then apply a bump texture for extra depth, and sort out further colours with orange and blue lighting, for the sunset effect.
If anyone has any advice/suggestions on how I could go about it though then it would be much appreciated! :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment