Sunday 6 December 2015

What if? Metropolis - Maya Modelling - Buildings 1 and 2

I realise I really haven't been updating as much as I should be on my WIM progress, but I have been doing work I promise! 
So here are my first two buildings modelled in Maya, I had a little difficulty with the one on the right in getting the technique down, as at first I had way too many points and had to start over, then whenever I tried creating the top sections with the same method it just went horribly wrong, so I ended up modelling each section with a separate distorted and rotated sphere. From the back and top it looks quite odd but for the perspective of the building in the scene where you will actually see the top this will be just fine.  
So far I've also created the platform and most of the two other buildings. Hoping to get all the modelling finished by the end of the day, then on to mudbox and UV-ing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment