Saturday 2 March 2019

Minor/Major Project: Font Choice

My project is all about me and my passions, so I wanted every aspect of it to reflect me. I knew I would have a lot of writing in my final outcome, as well as the Art Of document, so I knew font choice would be an important decision. I wanted it to be personal to me, but handwriting everything was out of the question, and most "handwritten" style fonts just end up looking childish or messy, which is not the effect I wanted to create in ym project. I wanted it to reflect my own, but also be neat, legible, and usable. 

I initially therefore trialled with creating my own custom font. I downloaded a template and set to in Photoshop. However, the outcomes when written out just werent working well together, there wasn't cohesion between the letters, and the heights and scales were all slightly off.  


I kept searching around, until I found the free personal use font Anjelika Rose by artist Vanessa Bays. Its simple, legible, but playful, and I saw quite a lot of similarities between it and my own actual handwriting, so thought this would be the best fit for my project's font. 
This is a small sample I made up of my own handwriting of a few lines from my animatic, to show the similarities between the styles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment