Thursday 7 March 2019

Major Project: Wood Textures

A lot of large items in my scene will need varying wood textures, and these will take up a large amount of space in my scene, so I think getting these textures sorted early on is key, as it gets a bulk out of the way and I can see how other finer/smaller details look against these. 
There are 5 base wood textures - 

  1. Wooden vivarium (and vivarium cabinet), I like my furniture to match so when purchasing my vivariums I always go with the same brands and wood colours. 
  2. Desk wood, this is a semi dark grey/brown wood, and being that much of my furniture is from Ikea and I like it to match, my desk shelving, wardrobe doors, bedside cabinet and bookcase are in the exact some colour wood, as all from Ikea. 
  3. Wardrobe interiors. my interiors of the wardrobe I chose a lighter wood colour, feeling the grey wood of the doors would be too dark and imposing for interiors. However, this wood is very similar to the vivarium wood colour, which is the reason I chose the vivarium colour I did, so I think I should be able to use the same texture for this.
  4. White painted wood. My window frames, door, and door frame are all painted white, but are still wooden, so need to create a white wood texture. I also have white wood textured plastic coverings on some of my drawers under my desk.
  5. Laminate flooring. This is another light wood, with grain details, not dissimilar to the vivarium colour but I do need some difference in the tones, too much matching will look odd and just lazy. I also need to create a floorboard effect.
1. Vivarium and wardrobe wood, I applied this texture to the objects then played around in the UV editor scaling it to fit how I like it, and orient the correct way. This way I thought would be quicker than making and saving out UVs of every object that needed this texture, and would mean I could easily make small tweaks to how the texture laid to make the wood look less uniform. 





2. Deskwood. I did end up UVing the desk so I could get the side section and curve to be oriented properly with the grain. The wardrobe doors, cupboards and desk shelves I tweaked in the UV editor. The wardrobe doors took a fair amount of tweaking because of the detailing and getting grains to go in the right directions. 




4. Floor Texture


5 White Wood Texture









1 comment:

  1. Online shopping now becomes more affordable in every sectors. It also became more hassle free and time saving option as well. Such as Online furniture store . With this site purchasing furniture is more easy.

    ReplyDelete